CAN Automotion provide services and products for the implementation of distributed, intelligent systems in automotive and industrial automation. Our specialization in CAN-bus provides you with a product range that supplies Windows-based starter kits and a comprehensive text to freely programmable controllers for vehicles and machines. We are providers of system solutions for many different fields of application.
With one of the most comprehensive ranges of hardware and software products for data communication in the industry, engineered and manufactured in Germany, we have earned a worldwide reputation for performance, high quality, product longevity, in-stock delivery, impeccable customer service and technical support.
Design and development of innovative and high-performing solutions are a special capability for which Can Automotion typically supplements its customer’s objectives through all phases of their product life cycle including development of service tools.
We work as system integrators with STW Controllers, Wachendorff Operator Interfaces and SureGrip Controls Joystick bringing together complete systems for mobile machinery, which includes control systems design, wiring, prototyping, programming, testing, debugging and tuning.
GEMAC is our partner for CAN Bus Tester, CAN Observer- tools that will assist machine builders and operators of mobile and industrial plant and machinery 24×7. We also supply Inclination sensors and ASICS from GEMAC.
Our new online store is now open. Visit CAN-Connect for competitive prices.
News & Events
MicroControl Protocol stacks now available in Australia and India through CAN Automotion
18th Dec 2018
From the 1st January 2019, CAN Automotion will be marketing Micro Control protocol stacks in both India and Australia for the following protocols:
- EtherCAT (Slave)
- CANPie FD : (Controller Area Network Programming Interface Environment) offers a standardized programming interface for development of CAN-based applications. The driver forms the basis for higher layer protocols (CANopen / J1939) and may be used for manufacturer-specific CAN communication between embedded systems. CANpie is avaliable for a wide range of microcontrollers (more than 150 at the moment). A variety of configuration options facilitates adjustment to individual target systems
Add to this the Free of Charge 12 months support will make your portation tasks both easier and delivered within a tight cost and time budget. Read more
Difference between manual/hydraulic and electronic Joystick remote controlled graders
14th Dec 2018
We sell a lot of Joysticks and Handle grips in Australia and India sourced from Sure grip Controls and Genge Thoma. Even now many customers think of the conventional machines with manual/hydraulic controls instead of opting for electronic Joystick controls. Here is a lovely video from CAT which spruiks the benefits of Joystick operated graders over conventional graders: Source Toromont CAT: watch video
We CAN at CAN Automotion
14th Dec 2018
Industrial connectivity, networking, IIoT is big business. What this means is that CAN Bus and CAN related protocols have been seen to be relegated to positions referred to slow growth business. CANopen 4%, DeviceNet 4% and other Field buses 10% does not stack up well considering Industrial Ethernet has garnered 52% of the total field bus market and is growing at 22%. (See pie chart below). What this means is that less and less engineers will focus on CAN Bus, its protocols and solutions. This means you can come to us confidently, knowing that we have invested in people who have the knowledge and capabilities in CAN Bus right from Layer 2 to Higher layer protocols and beyond). CAN Bus and CAN technology in various forms such as CANopen, DeviceNet, J1939, NMEA2000, including the new CAN FD will continue to be the basis of our growth at CAN Automotion. at CAN Automotion, we CAN; contact us when you CAN.
Wireless CAN without WLAN or Bluetooth?
13th Dec 2018
Is Wireless CAN possible without Bluetooth or WLAN?
This is answered by this paper in the Dec 2018 issue of CAN in Automation Newsletter. At CAN Automotion sell both IXXAT CANBlue-II and Kvaser Airbridge for wireless bridge applications and both have been demonstrated successfully in many applications. Both products have their own unique features while it’s important to point out that Kvaser does not use WLAN or Bluetooth for its wireless communications. Read more
CAN in Reverse Engineering by WARWICK Controls
13th Dec 2018
In the Dec 2018 issue of CAN in Automation News letter, Reverse Engineering in CAN is covered very well by Dr. Chris Quigley, David Charles, Richard McLaughlin Warwick Control Technologies . There are many applications, in which you may need to reverse engineer the CAN communication. Examples are automotive competitor analysis, telematics applications such as fleet management, and disabled driver applications. : Read more
CANopen with CAN FD? Micro Control explains
12th Dec 2018
CANopen with CAN FD ? Micro Control explains. Watch the video to learn more: Video link
HMS- the no.1 choice for Industrial communication- a new video
10th Dec 2018
HMS Industrial Networks is the leading independent supplier of solutions for industrial communication and the Industrial Internet of Things, IIoT. HMS- Networks have released a new video which gives the viewer a very good idea of the company and its reach in the market: Read more
Kvaser adds Mini PCIe HS V2 board with CAN and CAN FD
26th Oct 2018
Kvaser now has Mini PCI Express HS v2 is a small (30 x 51mm), yet advanced, real time CAN interface that adds one high speed CAN or CAN FD channel to any standard computer with mini PCI Express capability. PC communication is over the PCI Express system bus, making for extremely low latency with a time stamp accuracy of 1 µs. Read further
Comprehensive CAN Bus solution from CAN Automotion
10th oct 2018:
We note that Industrial EtherNet has overtaken CAN Bus as installed nodes and devices with Industrial EtherNet overtakes the field busses by a slight margin. However it’s comforting to know that local solutions and competence is available for CAN based products, technologies, and protocols right here in Australia from CAN Automotion:
- IXXAT (HMS) for CAN Interfaces and tools (for Industrial applications)
- Kvaser for CAN tools, protocol stacks, CAN knowledge and expertise and Interfaces (mainly for Mobile and some industrial applications) including data logging
- GEMAC for Field bus diagnostics using CAN touch, CAN Bus Tester, and many more
- STW for pressure and temperature sensors/transmitters using CAN/CANopen/J1939
- GEMAC for Inclination sensors with CAN/CANopen and J1939
- Wachendorff Automation for Incremental and Absolute encoders with CANopen/J1939/ProfiNet/EtherCAT/SSI and draw wire sensors
- Operator Interfaces from STW (InterACT-VSX range of displays with CAN bus and a number of other services)
- Operator interfaces from Topcon (Opus A3,A6, A8)
- CAN Tools (Hardware and Software from TKE)
- Joystick controllers with J1939 from SureGrip Controls
- Joystick controllers with J1939 and CANopen from Genge Thoma.
- Telematics from STW (using TC3G, TC1)
- Embedded IoT solutions from Janz Tec.
- CAN IO devices from Micro Control GmbH
- CAN protocol stacks in CANopen and J1939 from Micro Control GmbH.
- Gyroscopic sensors with CANopen from STW
- IoT Solutions from Beck IPC: Com-Tom
And of course complete solutions and system integration from CAN Automotion Pty Ltd Melbourne.
Industrial EtherNet is now bigger then Field busses
10th Oct 2018:
Industrial Ethernet has overtaken traditional fieldbuses in terms of new installed nodes in factory automation. This is the main finding in HMS Industrial Networks’ annual study of the industrial network market. read more