Diagnostic tool for the long-term monitoring of CAN bus systems
The CANobserver is a diagnostic tool for physical and logical long-term monitoring of CAN-bus systems and is designed as a locally installed supplement to the CAN-Bus-Tester 2.
Features and benefits
- Support of CAN, CANopen, DeviceNet and SAE J1939 systems
- Physical monitoring: Monitoring of the signal-to-noise level, signal edges and display of the signal quality (0 … 100%)
- Logical monitoring: Monitoring of active/passive error frames, overload frames, acknowledge errors
- Continuous display of bus load, bus status and optional CAN power lines
- Display of errors via LEDs (permanent or current)
- Free programmable error output lines
- Automatic e-mail transmission at detection of a failure
- Continuous display of bus load (0 … 100%)
- Easy operation by using a web interface
- Control room connection via SNMP
- Maintenance without PC
- Export of measurement results in XML format for data processing with the CAN-Bus-Tester 2
How it works
The CANobserver is integrated permanently into the network, monitors the data transfer continuously and records it automatically.
Sporadic bus interferences, such as external EMC interference or a slowly deteriorating signal quality attributable to worn plug connections, can be detected in good time. To this end, the signal conditions of each CAN bus node are subjected to a physical and logical evaluation and any deviations from a predefined threshold value are recorded.
In this context, the physical layer diagnosis of the CANobserver offers decisive advantages: It reveals error sources in the physical set-up of CAN, CANopen, DeviceNet and SAE J1939 systems at an early stage. Thus, CANobserver is already able to inform the system operator before any communication error occurs.
|Protocols||CAN Bus (ISO 11898-2), CANopen, DeviceNet
(EN 50325-2), SAE J1939
|Baudrate||5 kBit/s … 1 MBit/s, according to the type of protocol (at CAN layer-2 additional user defined baudrates available)|
|CAN bus interface||SUB-D plug, 9-pole|
|PC/Network connection||10/100 MBit Ethernet IEE 802.3u, RJ45|
|Power supply||9 – 36 V DC|
|Size and weight||125 x 50 x 124 mm (H/W/L), about 550 g|
|Case and protection level||Aluminum case for DIN rail mounting with an IP 20 protection level|
|Temperature range||+5 °C … +40 °C|
Contents of delivery
- CANobserver basic unit
- Bolted connector for the power supply and for the error output
- Quickstart guide