10th oct 2018:
We note that Industrial EtherNet has overtaken CAN Bus as installed nodes and devices with Industrial EtherNet overtakes the field busses by a slight margin. However it’s comforting to know that local solutions and competence is available for CAN based products, technologies, and protocols right here in Australia from CAN Automotion:
- IXXAT (HMS) for CAN Interfaces and tools (for Industrial applications)
- Kvaser for CAN tools, protocol stacks, CAN knowledge and expertise and Interfaces (mainly for Mobile and some industrial applications) including data logging
- GEMAC for Field bus diagnostics using CAN touch, CAN Bus Tester, and many more
- STW for pressure and temperature sensors/transmitters using CAN/CANopen/J1939
- GEMAC for Inclination sensors with CAN/CANopen and J1939
- Wachendorff Automation for Incremental and Absolute encoders with CANopen/J1939/ProfiNet/EtherCAT/SSI and draw wire sensors
- Operator Interfaces from STW (InterACT-VSX range of displays with CAN bus and a number of other services)
- Operator interfaces from Topcon (Opus A3,A6, A8)
- CAN Tools (Hardware and Software from TKE)
- Joystick controllers with J1939 from SureGrip Controls
- Joystick controllers with J1939 and CANopen from Genge Thoma.
- Telematics from STW (using TC3G, TC1)
- Embedded IoT solutions from Janz Tec.
- CAN IO devices from Micro Control GmbH
- CAN protocol stacks in CANopen and J1939 from Micro Control GmbH.
- Gyroscopic sensors with CANopen from STW
- IoT Solutions from Beck IPC: Com-Tom
And of course complete solutions and system integration from CAN Automotion Pty Ltd Melbourne.